Jerry Ricketson - born 1957, Georgia
In a word, Jerry Ricketson, an American artist, is unrelenting. The adage, "close enough is good enough” does not work for him.
Each individual aspect of each work of art is taken under consideration and must work together as a unit to create the strong three-dimensional ambiance that captivates each piece. The harmonizing color of light is captured which unifies the entire painting, and the careful use of values and perspective help create the illusion of depth. Drawing on his years of drafting expertise, each element is painted with precision to allow the viewer to feel as though they are both seeing the subject first hand, and also as if they could walk directly into the painting. Upon close examination it is obvious only the essential is captured, and the superfluous omitted.
Jerry's unrelenting determination for perfection creates paintings which allow viewers the privilege of seeing works of art as they were in the mind of the artist--even before they were paintings on the canvas.
Jerry has won numerous awards including the "First Place” award for painting at the prestigious Gilcrease Museum's Collectors' Reserve Show in Tulsa, Oklahoma , the "Merit Award for Landscape” at the Salon International show in San Antonio, Texas, as well as two "Best of Show” awards and three "Peoples Choice” awards at the NatureWorks Art Show in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Shows and Awards:
· Peoples Choice Award, 2012 NatureWorks Art Show, Tulsa, OK
· Featured Artist, 2012 NatureWorks Art Show,Tulsa, OK ?xml:namespace>
· Williams Award for First Place in Painting, 2011 Gilcrease Museum Collectors' Reserve Show, Tulsa, OK
· Peoples Choice Award, 2011 NatureWorks Art Show, Tulsa, OK
· Featured Artist, Art in the Park – 2010, Ft. Smith, Arkansas
· Gilcrease Museum Collectors Reserve Show, 2010 & 2011, Tulsa, OK
· Best of Show Award for 2 Dimensional work, 2010 NatureWorks Art Show, Tulsa, OK
· Collector's Covey Gallery Miniature Show, 2009 thru 2011, Dallas, TX
· Best of Show Award - Overall, 2008 NatureWorks Art Show, Tulsa, OK
· Solo Exhibition, October 2008, "Color and the American Landscape", Gallery KH, Chicago, IL
· Gilcrease Museum American Art in Miniature Show, 2006 thru 2009, Tulsa, OK
· Merit Award for Landscape, Salon International 2007 Show, International Museum of Contemporary Masters, San Antonio, TX
· Peoples Choice Award, 2007 NatureWorks Art Show, Tulsa, OK
· Award of Excellence, 2007 NatureWorks Art Show, Tulsa, OK
· Award of Excellence, 2005 NatureWorks Art Show, Tulsa, OK